Novar Music Teaching Philosophies
We aim to educate the whole musician beyond
the mechanics of playing an instrument
The Novar Music School Adelaide endorses a philosophy that learning music should be fun. We take a holistic approach to teaching music with the view that our students develop a lifelong love of the art. This is our guiding principle.
We also believe in the following philosophies:
- Music tuition includes developing skills in aural work, an understanding of musical contexts, different styles and theory.
- Broader musical education enhances a students understanding and enjoyment of music.
- Music should be an activity and pleasure we enjoy for our whole life. Music tuition should equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary to accomplish this.
- Music Technology is an effective means for students to discover and further enjoy music.
- Tuition should help enable the student to successfully use available modern technology.
- Anyone can learn to play an instrument if they are prepared to work steadily at the task. Our students benefit from family support in developing and reinforcing regular practice routines. This benefits the student in achieving positive learning outcomes and allows the family to participate in the student’s development.